2011年11月28日 星期一

Final Project


Artist Statement
            It is a big difference between the United States and my country, Hong Kong. This is a good chance to share my feelings about my feelings to people here. So, I picked this topic to talk about how difference between these two countries. I made an art piece with focusing on green color to represent United States. Because I remember when I first came to the United States, everything is green. There are a lot of greens in this environment with very fresh air. I liked it very much at first. But when time goes by, I feel so boring and start having the problem of home sick. I used two weeks to collect all the materials that I need and to represent Hong Kong and the United States for this project.

            For the United States art piece, I put everything green on it. Because I think the environment in The US are very green, fresh and natural. There are many trees and animals around. But the thing that I don’t used to it is I think most of the Americans like to eat fast food like French fries, hamburgers something like that. I also realized Columbus doesn’t have a lot of tall buildings and every unit of houses are not tall at all. So I drew a house, because Hong Kong doesn’t have a lot of houses, and there are just buildings.  For doing this art piece, the hardest thing to do is to find things with green color from the magazines or newspaper.

For the art piece of Hong Kong, I put many slim girls and fashions on it. Because most of the people in Hong Kong are very focus on their shape and their diet method is totally different with the people in the U.S. They would rather not to eat and like doing only one meal a day. They also like to take pills or medicines to keep fit, because most of the people are very busy on working and stuffs. So they don’t have much time to go work out and do exercises. I also put some cell phones on it, because the people in Hong Kong are very focus on their style of cell phones. One thing that I don’t like about Hong Kong is people are too caring about fashion and body shape.  Like the U.S, the can just wear a t-shirt and jeans to go out. I saw some people would wear pajamas for going out too. That’s a very special free style!



            

沒有留言:

張貼留言